Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Be still my heart


The wait is getting harder day by day.

Saturday, March 12, 2016 marked 5 full months of  just waiting since our paperwork was logged in with China.  Our journey started over a year ago. 

Our children ask us daily if we got the call today.  Many people who know of our journey continue to ask when we will see our new son.  For many months, I've been just so full of anticipation for our "match" call that I've just said with a smile "any day now".  

I feel like the "any day now", has turned into a "I just don't know".   I recite over and over in my head many things to try and revive my patience and faithfulness in this great pursuit to bring home little Gus and sometimes I just sit and cry about it.

I really want to keep my eyes on Jesus during each moment of our journey.   I don't want to get caught up in the frustration of this wait, and yet at times, I do.   A friend recently encouraged me to recite a bible verse or phrase or word of encouragement to have stronghold on my thoughts when I struggle.   I appreciated that so much because often I let my mind and heart wander to the point of causing doubt, anxiety, frustration.  

I cast my cares upon you, Jesus.  You are faithful.  You love us.  You lead me beside still waters and YOU restore my soul.  May those words be continually written deep in my heart during this long , long wait to bring home our son.

We continue to wait for you little one.  We love you so much.

Mommy & Daddy
Big Brother and Big Sister








0 comments: