Sunday, June 19, 2016

Counting Days

The countdown.....

Here we are, just 3 days from lift off to China.
On June 22nd at 7:25 a.m. we depart from our airport and fly to Dallas.  We arrive in Beijing June 23rd at 2:58 p.m  

Beijing skyline.

It's very very surreal that we will be HERE in just days.  Today, at our church, our pastor shared Phillipians 4: 6-7



Let's be clear:  Those who know me....know how I WORRY about everything.  I have many anxieties about this trip , the unknowns, our child who will be taken away from all he's known for two years and placed with us (strangers to him), the health of our kids and us, and so on.  We will be in CHINA, so very far away from our comfort of home and our lives here.

It's something I deal with daily and today, I was reminded of who GOD truly is and how He is our protector and He's got us in the palm of his hand, just like a dad with his child will often comfort a scared or hurt child and reassure them, "I've got you.  It's O.K."  

The peace of God is SO MUCH BIGGER than we can even begin to imagine, so we  need not waste time on worrying away any moment.  So today, I am praying this verse on me and I'm asking others to join me.

I'm praying that I hear God's voice telling me....
"I've got this.  You're O.K."

Prayer requests:  
Our kids (Ben and Maddie) as they are feeling nervous.

Health of our family and for little Gus.

Safe travels

Transitions (for August to feel our love and desire to keep him safe in our care).


Blessings from our family,

The Rowlands







0 comments: