Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The possible


When we started our adoption, we knew that raising the $ would be one of our biggest challenges.
It's not easy, but it is possible and although we have a long road ahead of raising the needed funding, we take each step as it comes and the possibility becomes the possible.

I received this email today confirming that we raised $924.00 from our shoe drive. 
THANK you to those who donated shoes.
When the first month had gone by and I only had half a box filled, I wondered how it would be possible to get the minimum required of 10 boxes.  
Another month or so later, we were able to send off 12 boxes!

All things ARE possible.

As I sit here writing this, I'm listening to some of my favorite worship music.  I'm reminded that I LOVE getting lost in the love of Jesus.  He is faithful to love us, He finds us and meets us where we are.  I chose to acknowledge Him because He first loved us and is faithful to the end.  There is no greater love.  
This is so encouraging to me and I'm thankful daily that I chose to love Him back and follow His will for my life and trust in His plan for this little boy we are preparing to bring home and love forever.  

As we prepare for this next step in our adoption process, which is getting our referral, I'm leaning on God at every moment.   He loves these beautiful, waiting children and I can't wait to see the unfolding of His plan for our precious little boy.

Prayer request:  Our referral is next.  This is the moment when we are matched with our son.  This is what we've been waiting for.  It's so close.  

-sara



0 comments: