Thursday, April 2, 2015

Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord is the One who goes ahead of you; He will be with you.  He will not fail you or forsake you.  Do not fear or be dismayed."

This promise encourages me today.    God meets our deepest needs and is faithful in all circumstances and I am learning daily to trust in this.     I admit, it's not easy sometimes, especially as I place doubts ahead of my faith in some specific areas of this journey.  

I had found a little note written on a yellow piece of paper tucked inside my Bible and it said:
When our hearts are rested and mind is of Christ, think of the encouragement we can give out.  When praise is in us, it will flow out of us and many lives can be changed.  An encouraging word can renew our minds.

To fulfill God's purpose and will in our lives, we need the content and substance of His Word in our hearts and minds.

I knew I needed to hear this today.  I've been too busy worrying and not letting my heart and mind be rested in the promises of God's love.   Psalm 59:10 says:  "My God is changeless in His love for me."

We have our home study on Monday from 2-4.  We are all very much looking forward to this.  It means we are moving along in our process and that feels AMAZING.  Continue to pray for our journey and the fundraising.  God is good all the time, and all the time, God IS GOOD.


0 comments: