Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sharing of heart. Part 1

In 2000, my husband and I had heard of these twin 10 month old girls from Haiti (Isabella and Grace), who were  waiting for a forever family.  A missionary who was there at the time, had heard of us through a fellow preschool teacher of whom I worked with at that time.  When Les and I saw the picture of these twin girls, we both fell in love immediately.  Although, it wasn't meant for us to be their parents, it did create a desire in us to adopt.
As is was meant to be, our journey took us elsewhere and in 2001, God's plan unfolded in an extraordinary way and we received our son after 7 long years of infertility.  Looking back, we could not imagine it any other way.

Our hearts were set in motion again years ago.   We had talked about international adoption off and on for many years.    We always hoped for three children.  We have said, and still say today, that someone is missing.  Years go by, businesses get established, and day to day living keeps you busy.   Many times, you pause and think about that third child and wonder when and if it will come to be, or not.  Another year passes by.   

About two years ago, we decided to go and talk with an adoption agency.  Once our kids learned of our desire to adopt from another country, they got excited and started asking questions.   After our meeting with the agency, we talked on our way home and agreed we both thought that China would be where we would adopt from.  We were comfortable with our decision at that time; however, it seemed like our conversations became more seldom and the timing didn't seem to fit with what we had going on in our lives at that time.

I started  to wonder if we'd ever have that third child we so wanted and hoped for.  Maybe our family was complete as is.   As hard as I tried to let my mind deal with regular daily routines, my heart was still longing.   
I also got scared when I learned of how much it would cost to adopt internationally.   It truly stopped me in my tracks and made me doubt.    How in the world could it be possible to raise over $30,000.  It seeemed impossible and then.....

Some friends of ours had recently brought home their daughter from China.  I had followed their blog/journey from the beginning and shared in their joy when their daughter was home.  My heart tugged even harder.  I talked to my husband more during that time, and we started opening up more about pursuing adoption to China.   Our kids were talking about it more and asking when are we going to bring home our brother/sister from China.  
   
With the support of our entire family,  encouragement from friends, we are moving forward and trusting our entire journey to GOD.    It takes many hearts to complete this journey and God knows the desires of our hearts and He loves to make His plans known in ways that surprise us.  I love that.  

Stay tuned.  






0 comments: