Monday, May 9, 2016

Step 14: Paper pregnancy



A longer read......be advised.  

Our year and a half journey of international adoption. Countless forms to fill out, approvals to wait for, child to be matched to, and so much more.  

Today, I am full of emotion.  For the past year and a half , I've been doing the paperwork and today we sent off some of the last of it and I find myself at a loss.

The reality is that we could be issued travel approval within the next few weeks.  This is what we've been waiting for, but now I don't know where to begin to get ready on a whole new level of preparation.   (if that makes sense).

We are about to gain another family member, a TODDLER.  (this is when you say....."are you crazy?".  Perhaps, but with open hearts and arms, we are ready to meet him, hold him, love him and bring him home. 
He's just waiting for us and we are waiting for him to be out of his orphanage and into the arms of his forever family.  Isn't he precious?  


In the above diagram, it gives you a little perspective of the steps we've taken to be now be where we are waiting to travel.

Please pray for my nerves....they are at an all time high.  I have butterflies in my stomach every day and all day long.  I'm scared.  I'm ready but I'm not.  The upcoming preparations are quite consuming of my time, plus I need to get my business in order before I leave, and I still need a crib.  LOL 

Today, we found out we were gifted with a $4000 grant from a church in a nearby community-HUGE prayer answered, as we currently owe over $5000 to our agency.   Our financial support needs are still great.  We know that what seems to be impossible-IS possible.   Our hope is that we can raise $10,000 in next 4 weeks, as we need to book our plane tickets and having that funding raised would be such a burden lifted.   We know that God can raise up a village of people to make this happen.  The smallest amounts given with the largest of crowds can do GREAT things.  


Pure charity is an organization that is tax deductible.  All the funds given are sent directly to our adoption agency.  If you feel led to help in our efforts, we are humbled and thankful.

www.purecharity.com/rowlands-china-adoption

Stay tuned.....its happening FAST now.  

Little baby Gus.....your family is coming soon.




2 comments:

The Warrior Heart said...

Soon he will be here!

The Warrior Heart said...

Soon he will be here!