Monday, May 11, 2015

Garage Sale Prayer

Had a garage sale last weekend at my mom's best friend's daughter's house...(:
Due to the raining/cold weather, I wasn't too hopeful for a good outcome, but God proved me wrong in big ways.

We needed $720 to pay our next application fee for Immigration.  When the sale was over, my mom counted up all the money.  She asked me how much I had hoped to have?   I will admit that I said a lower number than we needed, because I was afraid of being disappointed and wanted my mom to feel like we had raised a good enough amount.
So.....I said about $600 (knowing that we needed $720).   Then she said, "what's the entire amount you were hoping to raise?".    Ok.   I decided to just say the exact amount and I hesitated prior to just saying it.

She said:   "$812".    What?!    Really?!    Wow.   Another moment when God met our needs and beyond.  We needed another $70 from the 720.00 to pay for other application fee, so than we came out ahead by 22.00.   Amazing.

Then, a lady and her expecting daughter were shopping at our sale.  They had asked about our adoption process and journey.  After her purchase, she came over to me and asked if she could pray for me.  I said "sure".  She asked if she could lay her hand on me.  I said "sure".   As her daughter sat in a nearby chair, my mom sitting next to me, and other shoppers mingling around the garage, a lady (just a rummage sale shopper), prayed for our little boy in China.  

 God shows up everywhere.  He knows our heart.  He brings people to us in the right timing. He shows up, even at a garage sale.




0 comments: