Tuesday, March 3, 2015

baby steps


 Receiving this letter was just preliminary , but what an exciting step for us.  I loved seeing the word:  APPROVED.   There is more "approvals" to come, but this was the FIRST one.  So exciting.

To say the least, there are many baby steps in this journey of international adoption.  I remember praying about the right timing to get started.  I wouldn't say that we can pick the right timing , rather  I say that we had to take time to trust that the journey would just begin and we would have faith to follow through it.  People that know me, would say that I've talked about wanting to start for years.  My husband and I have longed to welcome another child into our family and as each year passed , I can be honest and say that I fell into an attitude of , "it's just not going to happen for us I guess".  

One of my biggest concerns was the finances involved in international adoption.  I remember about two years ago,  I had emailed a friend and asked about their journey as they had recently returned with their beautiful daughter.  I was beyond happy for this family and knew that my heart was being tugged really hard at that time.  I asked the big question of how much it costs, saw the numbers, and then asked, "how much did you start out with?"  The answer was $0.   My biggest fear was the $.  I had then read an adoption blog and the very first words said, "never let your decision be lead by your worry about the cost of adoption. "    Story after story shared had the same message.    Have faith and TRUST.  God knows our hearts and He loves us more than anyone.

Indeed:  He knows my heart and the desires of it.  His plan will unfold as it's meant to be and my husband and I both trust in that.


.....more to come.   Thanks for reading along.

0 comments: